Monday, August 10, 2009

Chelsea still after Pato with a new £45 million bid

Chelsea are preparing a monster £45 million bid to land Alexandre Pato. Plus, they are williing to loan out Pato to the Rossoneri for another season until after the World Cup.

According to the News of the World: “Chelsea will happily smash the transfer record for a teenager, previously the £27.5m paid for Wayne Rooney, but allow Pato to stay in Italy until after the World Cup. Ancelotti believes his former club will now do business after rejecting all of Chelsea’s earlier approaches for the 19-year-old, tipped to be one of the world’s best.”

I don’t have the physique to play as a first striker says Pato

Pato has revealed that he would prefer to play as a supporting striker rather than an outright striker which he did most of last season.

In and interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Pato expressed his desire to play as a second striker and believes that he could do a lot better in this position.

“This season I want to play as a second striker, I don’t have the physique to play as a first striker,” said Pato

“If I’m able play in that position and with more continuity, I will do better than last season,” he added.

AC Milan have not been able to win a game yet this pre-season and Leonardo has stressed that he wants to sign a striker before the start of the season. Juventus striker David Trezeguet has been linked to the Rossoneri and Pato would welcome this move if it happens.

“It’s not up to the players to make purchases. If Trezeguet arrives, we will give him a good welcome because he is a great player who has scored many goals,” said Pato.